Wednesday 13 March 2013

Sun Rice Multigrain Square Thin Cakes

Multigrain and Rice&Corn varieties
Introducing the newest product from Sun Rice: Multigrain Square Thin Cakes! I picked these up yesterday from my local Coles after searching the savoury snack isle for something remotely low in carbs and high in nutrients. This product's ingredient list was what sparked my interest - it even included puffed quinoa! (I will add the ingredient list when I can find a copy)
Here are the nutritional facts for one Thin Cake:

Calories 17 Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 4 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Not too shabby I reckon. If you know of any crackers/thin cakes that are far superior to this, please let me know in the comments. My only concern is zero dietary fiber... It would be nice to see some digits there. In regards to taste, these aren't too different to normal puffed corn or rice thins, just a bit more crunch. I will be buying them again and I recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment