Wednesday 13 March 2013

Re Del Gelato, New Farm

After a great meal at Majo's Casual Italian dining last weekend, my brother, my partner and I crossed the road for dessert at Re Del Gelato. I had read about both venues on urbanspoon.com. One reviewer even wrote that it was the best gelato in Brisbane. My response to that is soon to come...

I ordered a $5 cup of strawberry gelato/sorbet and mars bar gelato. Both were nice - the mars bar wasn't as chocolatey as I would have liked, but the strawberry tasted like real, fresh strawberries. My partner also ordered a $5 cup, but he opted for panna cotta and butterscotch/honey comb flavours. He enjoyed his, although I didn't think the panna cotta had enough flavour, it just tasted like vanilla. My brother ordered one scoop of boysenberry gelato/sorbet in a waffle cone, which he really enjoyed. I had a taste and thought it was a little too tangy for me, but that's fairly common for boysenberry I guess.

So, was it the best gelato in Brisbane? No, I don't think so. I really love Gelatissimo which is in the Brisbane CBD (corner of Queen and Albert Street) and also I've heard that there is one at Chermside. To be honest, I would recommend Gelatissimo before Re Del Gelato, but if you're in the New Farm area, certainly give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment